Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Thrifty Finds

I'm on vacation this week! Yes! It's a much needed break from work.. trust me! One thing I wanted to do this week was some thrifting and among other things, hopefully find some stuff for my girls. What I've been wanting are any sort of vintage porcelain animals to pose with them or just to decorate my apartment. If I could find a little deer for Fawn (my LH), I would be overjoyed. Let's begin!

$6.00
I've been collecting (very slowly) any sort 70's inspired artwork of poodles and I found another one today. The green one is the newer one and I love displaying them next to the old phone. Side note: the phone actually still works and is the buzzer system with the ground floor in my century old apartment! It's really cool but you can't call mom on it, only the manager..

$1.00
I found these beads in a pile of vintage beads and buttons. I'm planning on using them for Fawn's pull string eventually.

$3.00
Again with the poodle theme. I found this really cute porcelain poodle with curly puffy hair and it turned out to be just the right size to be a pet for a special girl who will be here next month!

$15.00
Ok, and I saved the best for last! I found these two, perfectly Blythe sized chairs at one of the biggest thrift stores in my area. They were in the back of the store amidst a bunch of other furniture as if they were just another set of normal sized chairs! I'm going to paint them a minty green and distress them to look antique. I was so excited when I saw them!

That's what I found this round of thrifting. It was super fun and I found some great pieces for pretty good prices.

Next up: Highlights from youtube!

2 comments:

  1. THOSE CHAIRS ARE AN AMAZING FIND!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt so lucky, I squeeled a little bit when I saw them. I painted them and took some pics with the girls, I'll post them up on Flickr later today! They turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete