Sunday, July 5, 2015

Good God, that Grail Girl!

So I thought I would take a minute and list out some of my personal grail girls. Those ever elusive or expensive dolls that hopefully, with luck and a little bit of financial planning, will someday be a part of the family!

Picadilly Dolly, 2002 EBL

I'm a little bit partial to EBLs for some reason. And red heads (although I don't yet have one moved in). And straight bobs with bangs. So, she's pretty much a home run for me! Her stock clothes are pretty cute and she seems like she would have a lot of personality in photos.

Gentle River, 2007 RBL

Gentle River has such amazing stock. I like all of it and the amount that she comes with is really nice. The colors make me imagine a sort of red riding hood elf maiden. I know, it's weird! When I look at how much the older dolls used to come with - a couple different outfits, an accessory, tights, shoes, hair pieces - well, it's nice to see a doll that feels like she is worth the price. I've also found myself attracted to her shorter curly hair. I think I like that on some dolls because it seems fairly manageable. She's also the kind of doll that I think really tells a story and I wouldn't reimagine her style much different than her stock.

Prima Dolly Peach, 2007 RBL

She is probably one of the most beautiful dolls I've seen (although the image doesn't showcase her at all). I'm kind nervous at the prospect of getting her because I'm actually scared at how much I would have to spend on her wardrobe to do her justice. She is not a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl, to me anyway! I think her hair is the perfect shade of soft pink, very feminine and innocent. Her stock doesn't interest me at all but it's definitely about the doll herself and who she can become!

Miss Sally Rice, 2008 RBL

There's something inherently special about Miss Sally Rice. The translucent skin is just so pretty. Such a soft, sweet face and the minty hair color is a dream. I'm always slightly horrified when I see MSR customized beyond recognition! There's only so many of her left in the world! Dramatic, I know.

Bloomy Bloomsbury, 2009 FBL

Another girl with short hair. What is it with the short bobs and me? A girl with beautiful stock. While I don't think I would use much of it outside her total outfit, I have to say, it would be just fine with me to leave her in her stock a good portion of the time.

Nostalgic Pop, 2010 RBL

The skin, the hair, the beautiful pouty face. I can't handle it. She's one girl where her stock really helps to make her a fun, colorful addition. The little green jumper would always be worn by one of the girls, and her mustard yellow blouse would be just as useful. I kinda see her dressed more elegant after she's out of her stock. Yeah, she's lovely.

So that's my list right now.. so far. It's an evolving list so it may change over time. And hopefully, one may come off the list in the future because she has joined my pack! Let me know below what girl has your heart!

2 comments:

  1. These are great picks! I would totally love to see Prima Dolly Peach in person, and Nostalgic Pop would be a welcome member of my family any day.

    For whatever reason I've really wanted an EBL Skate Date for a long time. I'll never get my hands on her, I think, so I must be content to admire from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Skate Date comes with such cute stock! And her boots are really cool. Is it just me or do the winter themed dolls always seem to be the cutest? What a nice addition she would be to your blonde girls!

      And sigh, Peach and Pop are definitely my top two. There's something about Pop's face that just seems totally unique to me and she is probably the only raven haired girl I really like.

      Delete