Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Review: Disco Boogie, 2003 EBL

My Disco Boogie, Micah, was my first official Blythe purchase. She didn't come with her box, but was shipped to me with her shipper box and all of her stock. She has a small 'birthmark' on the back of her thigh which I actually think is kinda cute.

She woke up like this.
Hair
I'm obsessed with her hair. It is two toned, with a lighter shade of blonde highlights on the top and a deeper beige blonde underneath. She has the thickest hair I've personally seen on a Blythe. I'm not sure if it's just mine but it's super full and has a lot of volume to it. The curls also lay really pretty. I did give her a spa treatment when I first got her and reshaped it because it was a little messy out of her bubble wrap! Seriously beautiful hair! Sometimes I just stare...

Face
The classic bowler hat!
Being an EBL, she has the wispy eye lashes and I think probably the most mischievous of the face molds. She always seems to look either a bit judgmental or like she may be up to something! Her eyes are probably my biggest let down with her. She has front facing yellow and pink eye chips which, to me, don't feel very versatile. They are actually kind of alarming! I may switch out an eye chip or two for a soft blue or brown but I always change my mind when I think about customizing anything about her.

Disco Boogie stock clothing. The shoes are so cute!
Stock
The biggest thing I appreciate about the older releases is their incredible detail to stock and putting that little bit of story into their accessories. She comes with a green bra and boy shorts, pink star t-shirt, jeans with fray detail, yellow ankle socks, platform sneakers, and a cute pink jacket that says Disco Boogie on the back. Her accessories are a boombox, fanny pack, a visor, and a whistle necklace. That's a lot of stock!! The pieces I use are the t-shirt, shoes, and sometimes the bra which makes a useful layering piece. Overall, I'm not really into the style of her stock and I think she looks kinda funny in it now that she's developed a personality of her own.
Rocking the "no neck" look! :)

Personality
My Disco Boogie's name is Micah and she gives me a tomboy, rough-and-tumble kind of vibe. I want to take more action oriented shots of her which I still need to figure out how to stage properly! I can see her scaling furniture and some fun jumping/falling pics in her future! I really like to dress her in shorts and pants with the socks askew. Little bow-ties and collars make her look super cute too. I also like her in short, shift style dresses, as long as she's got room to move and it's not too restrictive. Overall, she was a great first doll for me and will always be special to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment