Monday, July 13, 2015

Review: I Love You It's True, 2004 SBL

Blair is my I Love You It's True. I think it's a really strange name and I would love to know more about the name selection on some of the dolls! She came to me like my Disco Boogie, without her original box but with all of her stock clothing.

Hair
She has a really pretty, sun-kissed blonde shade to her hair. It's super soft and didnt require a hair treatment although I might try the iron straightening technique. She's my first side part doll and I've definitely had to learn about tying the hair back to keep it out of her eyelashes where it loves to gather! All is not perfect, however as she has very thin hair on the top of her scalp which shows too much skin for my liking. I noticed when I first put her hair in pigtails (adorable, by the way) so she definitely cannot be photographed from above unless her hair is down. Other than that, it doesn't look thin when styled or laying down naturally.
Just another sidelong glance.

Face
She was lightly customized by her previous owner. Spray matted with MSC, new eye lashes (which are really pretty), and I suspect at least one set of eye chips changed from what I can tell by looking at pictures of other ILYITs. She has yellow eye shadow and baby pink lips which you can barely tell until the light hits her just right. She is a simple beauty without a lot of makeup and I think when she is styled right she can look extremely sweet. Her eye chips are the sky blue (pictured), green, pink, and a light champagne color (below) which is my favorite on her.

Stock
So, I'm really not too fond of any of her stock. It's just a personal style thing, not a quality problem. It has a lot of cute pink and blue florals but the outfits just seem kind of dated at this point. Again, with the older dolls, there is a lot of stock here compared to newer releases and you just can't be mad at that! She also has a small emblem on a few of the pieces that resembles tiny butterfly wings. Her baby blue tshirt and cardigan are pretty versatile and have been used before as layering pieces. She also comes with another collared floral top, two skirts, pink mesh socks, sandals, pink bow earrings, and a pink heart shaped purse. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about her best part. Her undies. Very. Cute.
She needs ribbons in her hair. I'm all about attention to detail! haha

Personality
And for her name.. she's actually named Blair after the character in The Facts of Life! She kind of struck me as a kindred spirit to the tv character and I just couldn't get the name out of my head after that.. and so it stuck. And I hope, but cannot promise, that she is the last Blythe that's name is inspired by an 80's sitcom character. I dress her in a lot of pink and girly styles with graphic prints. She loves toys and has a couple she packs around with her everywhere she goes. I really want to get her a cute handmade teddy bear from Etsy someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment