Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review: Lavender Hug, 2013 FBL

I had my eye on her since I first started googling Blythe. Something about her just said that she needed to come home to me. She was my first never-removed-from-box doll and it was such a fun, exciting experience! She's the newest release in my collection by 9 years!


Taking in her surroundings.
Hair
Her hair is really growing on me more and more each day. It was initially what scared me in the days leading up to her arrival. I saw a lot of stories of her hair being poor quality, too thin, or badly cut so I was nervous. My girl came out just fine and I was so relieved! I trimmed up her bangs just a little bit but they had the layered out, rounded cut like the pictures. The texture of her hair is kinda fluffy and poodle-like which I decided to fully embrace. She's had one spa treatment just to get some of the weird kinks out from being in the box for a couple years. I think she has a really nice shade to her hair. It's not too bright that she looks off next to girls with natural hair colors. 

Her namesake!

Face
I am fully about the FBL life now. I've seen it, I've experienced it, and I cannot go back. I think she has the sweetest doe-eyed look to her and there is something incredibly innocent about the FBL face. Her skin is pale and she has pink blushy cheeks and pink lips with brown eye shadow. Her special front facing brown chips are definitely my favorite on her. I may add a realistic set of lavender or light pink eyes on her to replace her stock pink eventually.

Cute stock.
Stock
Here's the biggest difference between the newer releases and the older releases, in my opinion. The amount of stock is dramatically different! I really don't have a problem with any of her clothing, there's just not a lot of it. I will use all of it on different girls just styled differently. I think she should have come with a skirt or a dress for under the jacket since no one would just wear a jacket. Right? Overall, good useful pieces that work well with mixing and matching.

Fawn wants to go outside so badly!
Personality
She could never do anything wrong.. not a thing. And that's where the name Fawn came from! I know fawns aren't fluffy like her hair but they're kinda wild and untamed with a touch of innocence. I like dressing her with a bit of a darker side to contrast that. She looks cute with black and white stripes, a little emo, mixed with browns and light baby pinks. She's a little introvert and the sweetest girl in the family! I cannot wait to get her outside and take pictures of her in a wooded area.

No comments:

Post a Comment