Sunday, July 19, 2015

Body Talk

Eunice having an out of body experience!
I've been torn on changing out some bodies on a couple girls. The only real problem is that I have such a hard time customizing any of them more than just their pull strings. For me, I think I'm scared they are going to lose that something special when they are not their stock selves!

I'm actually very fond of the stock Takara body. The stance of their legs and arms just has a bit of class and loveliness to it.

The Licca body is something I'm playing with the idea of right now. It does give the doll a bit of a younger feel and I'm curious as to what Fawn or Blair may look like in it. My only real concern is just getting the skin tone correct to match the doll.

The Pure Neemo Flection body is the only one that I've tried. I bought the small size and it didn't really do it for me. Part of what affected my perception is that the body I received had pretty weak joints and couldn't hold the doll up so all she could do was sit. Is that normal? I've seen some tutorials on other BJD bodies getting restrung. I'm just not too keen on having to do that myself so I was turned off. I also think the spindly Takara legs are extremely cute and the Neemo legs were rather thick comparatively.

So I have mixed feelings. I love seeing the pose-ability on other doll owners' pictures but I couldn't really achieve that with the body I purchased. I will probably by an XS size and see if I'm happier with that in the future.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment